About the role:
You’ll play a vital role at NAWT’s Watford Centre and will be responsible for ensuring the various buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard.
You will be part of a small friendly team who are all committed to improving the lives of pets in the area. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Ensuring that the site is maintained to a high standard.
- Completing pat testing of the centres equipment yearly.
- Ensuring that the shops near the centre are maintained to a high standard.
- Responsible as delegated for the general maintenance and upkeep of all Centre vehicles, trailers, etc, ensuring that they are road worthy and fit for purpose
- Ensuring all tools and materials are maintained.
- Ensuring all Health & Safety legislation is adhered to, and the site is compliant with all current Health & Safety regulations.
- Assisting at external and internal events, under the direction of the Centre Manager and Supervisors.
- Assisting individuals and groups of volunteers on maintenance tasks as required.
The successful candidate will be hard working, reliable, good humoured and confident, with a solid background in maintenance and land management. They will have an aptitude for dealing with people and believe in the importance of good customer service in order to project the right image for the Trust. They will have an affinity with animals. They will be calm and assured under pressure and be able to deal with any given situation. A uniform is provided and must be worn during working hours.
So, if you are the kind of person who enjoys a busy and varied role, with an empathy for the aims of NAWT, this may be the job for you!
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
- - 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (will be pro-rated for part time hours).
- - Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice.
- - Contributory Pension Scheme
If you feel you have the right skills to be a successful Maintenance Assistant at our Watford centre, please send your CV with your cover letter to Dan Beasley, Operations Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to our location it is preferable to be able to drive, or have your own mode of transport, as there is no public transport available to the centre.
Please see the attached document for a full description of the Duties and Responsibilities.
Location: NAWT Watford Centre, Tyler’s Way, Watford-by-Pass, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 8WT
Hours: 32 hours per week
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Closing Date: 30th November 2023, however we reserve the right to close the role early should the right candidate apply, do not delay in submitting your application!