We are seeking a Writer - Fundraising Team to join our friendly head office team based in Watford, striving to give every animal the best chance of finding a new home.
About the role:
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, you will support the fundraising team on a variety of projects across the organisation ensuring fundraising content is engaging, informative and compelling. The role will involve undertaking research, keeping accurate records, working to strict timelines and offering great fundraising stewardship.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and write applications and bids to a wide range of funders;
- Contribute to the maintenance of a comprehensive database of all relevant grant giving trusts, keeping up with changes in the sector;
- Manage and develop relationships with new and existing funding partners;
- The planning and delivery of direct mail copy for postal and digital fundraising campaigns including timings, liaising with suppliers, ensuring materials are compliant on brand and collating feedback;
- Managing data provision for a variety of campaigns to effectively target key audiences using a segmented approach;
- Supporting on the delivery and development of effective and inspiring supporter journeys;
- Working with inhouse and alongside external agencies and suppliers e.g. design agencies to effectively deliver projects and campaigns;
- Attend fundraising events and meet supporters as required; this will sometimes involve working out of hours and travelling extensively throughout the geographical area covered by the Trust.
Salary Range: £14,300 - £16,300 per annum pro rata
Hours: Part Time: 21 hours per week (ideally working three days per week, but a flexible working pattern could be considered)
Location: Flexible (hybrid mix of working at Watford H.O. and remotely based)
The ideal candidate will be reliable, conscientious, and committed to providing timely written information. You will have a positive and proactive approach to work with excellent customer service skills. You will be able to work on your own initiative as well as being able to work cooperatively with a range of colleagues and have an organised and structured approach to your work. You will have an analytical mind and strong attention to detail. You will be discreet and honest, understanding the confidential nature of some of the information you will be working with.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experience of working with databases
- The ability to work unsupervised and adhere to deadlines
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Good overall IT skills, including Microsoft Office and excel
- Excellent communication skills particularly in relation to writing, telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- The ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- The ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time staff).
- Contributory pension.
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice.
If you feel you have the right skills to be a successful Writer - Fundraising, please email your CV with a covering letter to Amber Ryder: email@example.com
The full Job Description can be viewed below.
Closing date for applications is 5th March 2024. However, we are accepting applications on a rolling basis and may close the recruitment process for this role prior to the deadline, so early applications are encouraged.