We are looking for a part time administrator (maternity cover) at our Bedfordshire centre.
This role is 24 hours a week (3 days) including every other weekend. Find out more by downloading the job description below.
Purpose of the post:
The centre administration staff are responsible for providing an efficient and friendly customer care service to visitors and callers in our busy reception areas, completing administration tasks quickly and effectively to assist with the homing of the pets in our care. To promote NAWT homing and support services, including homed direct and short-term fostering. To continually provide excellent customer service to optimise animal and customer journeys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being first point of contact for our customers visiting the Centre, informing them of our procedures and being helpful at all times.
- Ensuring that all incoming communication from the public is answered promptly and effectively.
- Liaising with all internal and external colleagues to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the centre.
- Ensure all boarding operations are carried out efficiently and accurately.
- Facilitating the rehoming and intake process by completing documentation, facilitating homing journey appointments, and providing accurate information to all customers during the homing and relinquishment process.
- Updating electronic records with animals and adopters’ details, booking appointments and microchip database management
- Ensuring that the reception area remains clean, tidy and well presented at all times.
- To be responsible for end of day cashing up and keeping accurate financial records relating to income and petty cash.
- To assist with issuing and accurate recording of financial procedures.
- To ensure that all areas are Health & Safety compliant with no risk to visitors (in accordance with instruction and guidance from the Centre Manager).
- Assisting with online presence by updating websites and social media.
- Accurate and timely processing of on-site retail sales.
- Assisting with fundraising activities, events, school tours and visits when requested.
- To attend any Team and other internal meetings as requested.
- To continually maintain professional and collaborative working relationships with all colleagues.
- To work alongside existing centre volunteers and assist with new volunteer inductions.
- To attend relevant training and personal development opportunities in order to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- To adhere to all NAWT policies and procedures and assist the organisation in developing, implementing and monitoring them, including Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies.
- To carry out any other duties relevant to the post as directed by the Senior Management team or Board of Trustees.
To apply please download and fill in the application below and send it to email@example.com
Closing date for applications will be Friday 18th August at 5pm