We are looking for a part-time Animal Care Assistant to join our team in Bedfordshire - please note this is a weekend position.
Animal Care Assistants are responsible for the general care, welfare and homing of all animals during their time in NAWT care. To engage with members of the public looking to either relinquish or rehome a pet. To promote NAWT homing and support services, including homed direct and short-term fostering. To continually provide excellent customer service to optimise animal and customer journeys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day care of all animals, including the cleaning and maintenance of their accommodation, feeding, exercising and grooming.
- To be responsible for delivering the required training and behaviour modification programmes to all applicable animals.
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic records to include admission, rehoming, behaviour and veterinary information.
- To ensure that any animal illness, injury or behaviour issues are recorded and reported immediately to the centre management team.
Animal Intake and Rehoming
- Positively promote all homing services, including home direct and short-term fostering opportunities.
- Ensure a compassionate, empathic, and non-judgemental approach is taken with all members of the public needing to relinquish their pet.
- Inform customers of our rehoming procedures, give advice to those wishing to rehome a pet and assist customers with any homing enquiries, providing accurate information to ensure a thorough matching process is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure animals available for homing are advertised in a positive and professional manor, focusing on evidence based matching criteria.
- Ensure all paper and electronic details are updated in a timely manner and animal information recorded where required.
- To arrange and manage animal introductions with potential owners and animals available for homing.
- To be welcoming to customers visiting the Centre, informing them of our procedures and being helpful at all times whilst delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
- To positively promote and contribute to centre fundraising activities at all times.
- Responsible for keeping all areas of the centre clean and tidy at all times.
- To work alongside existing centre volunteers and assist with new volunteer inductions.
- To ensure that accurate written and electronic records for animals coming into and leaving the site are updating when necessary.
- To continually maintain professional and collaborative working relationships with all colleagues whilst always maintaining a positive and friendly culture.
- To assist in other areas of centre operations when staffing levels require.
- Attend any meetings as requested, contributing positively and collaboratively.
- Attend relevant training and personal development opportunities in order to fulfil the requirements of the ACA role.
- To adhere to all NAWT policies and procedures and assist the organisation in developing, implementing and monitoring them, including Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies.
- To carry out any other duties relevant to the post as directed by the Supervisor or Board of Trustees
Please see below the downloadable job description. To apply, please download and complete the below application form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.