Maintenance Assistant - Watford
We need a flexible and self-motivated Maintenance Assistant to join our team in our Watford centre and make a difference.
About the role:
You’ll play a vital role at NAWT’s Watford Centre and will be responsible for ensuring the various gardens, vegetable plots, exercise paddocks and fields are maintained to a high standard. There will also be the necessity to assist the on-site maintenance team when required.
You will be part of a small friendly team who are all committed to improving the lives of pets in the area. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Ensuring that site landscaping is continually maintained to a high standard and free from hazards.
- Maintaining all site lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf, and irrigation.
- Ensuring all tools and materials are maintained
- Assisting the maintenance team when required.
- Ensuring all Health & Safety legislation is adhered to, and the site is compliant with all current Health & Safety regulations.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of all Centre lawn mowers and gardening equipment ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
The successful candidate will be hard working, reliable and good humoured, with a solid background in land management and maintenance. You will have an aptitude for dealing with people and believe in the importance of good customer service in order to project the right image for the Trust. You will be calm and assured under pressure and be able to deal with any given situation.
So, if you are the kind of person who enjoys a busy and varied role, with an empathy for the aims of NAWT, this may be the job for you!
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
- - 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (will be pro-rated for part time hours).
- - Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice.
- - Contributory Pension Scheme
If you feel you have the right skills to be a successful Grounds Maintenance Assistant at our Watford centre, please send your CV with your cover letter to Dan Beasley, Operations Supervisor at email@example.com
Please note due to our location it is preferable to be able to drive, or have your own mode of transport, as there is no public transport available to the centre.
Please see the attached document for a full description of the Duties and Responsibilities.
Location: NAWT Watford Centre, Tyler’s Way, Watford-by-Pass, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 8WT
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Closing Date: 20th August 2023, however we reserve the right to close the role early should the right candidate apply, do not delay in submitting your application!