Are you an Assistant Shop Manager looking for a great place to reach your full potential?
We need an enthusiastic Assistant Shop Manager to join our friendly team at our Watford shop in Hertfordshire and make a difference.
About the role:
This position is 35 hours a week to include working weekends on a rota basis.
In this varied and exciting role, you will work closely with the Shop Manager ensuring targets and objectives are successfully met. Full of pre-loved clothing, accessories, gifts, furniture and more, you will work collaboratively with volunteers in our busy store to ensure excellent customer service.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To support our volunteers and assist the Shop Manager in their training and co-ordination
- Using your customer service skills to make sure our customers and supporters feel appreciated and can find what they need.
- Overseeing the store and the shop volunteers in the Shop Manager's absence.
- Preparing large quantities of donated items for sale including the lifting, sorting, steaming and pricing of items to achieve optimum income.
- Using your creativity to help maintain attractive shop window displays.
- Rotating stock between the shop and the storage container, involving daily lifting and moving of stock and transportation of donations.
- To identify high value items to list on Ebay and work with key Head Office staff to develop our eBay store.
- To hold shop keys, opening and closing the premises for trading hours and responding to emergency call out if and when necessary.
- Oversee PAT testing of electrical items.
You will have a positive and pro-active approach to work, with excellent customer service skills and the empathy and resilience to deal with the sometimes-challenging situations that can occur within retail. You will be good humoured and have the customer and the charity at the heart of everything you do. You will be commercially aware, driven and hands on to maximise profits, helping us to raise valuable funds.
The successful candidate will have previous retail experience (ideally in a Charity Shop environment). An understanding or an interest in fashion will be highly beneficial. You will have good organisation and communication skills and will be provided with the opportunity to use your creativity whilst using and further developing your leadership and supervisory skills. A current UK driving license is essential.
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays (pro-rated for part time staff).
- Contributory pension.
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice.
So, if you have retail experience and are the kind of person who enjoys driving sales through great customer service, whilst knowing that the work you do helps our animals in need – this may be the job for you!
To apply please email your CV with covering letter to Jane Randrup, Retail Development Manager at email@example.com
Please note we are accepting applications on a rolling basis and may close the recruitment process for this role prior to the deadline, so early applications are encouraged.