NAWT Bedfordshire (known as HULA Animal Rescue) is recruiting for a Receptionist & Fundraising Assistant. This could be a live in or live out post.
It's an exciting role where you will be the first point of contact for members of the public visiting, emailing or calling the centre. We are looking for a friendly person who can provide a high level of customer service within a variety of situations day in day out.
Position: Receptionist & Fundraising Assistant (Live-in or Live Out)
Location: HULA Animal Rescue, Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire
Salary: £18,595 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week, to include every other weekend.
Closing Date: 18th September 2020
About the role:
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will often be the first point of contact for members of the public visiting, emailing or calling the centre. The reception is a busy one with lots of enquiries about a wide range of things such as relinquishments, adoptions, donations, missing pets, volunteering and general enquiries to name just a few. You will take the lead in coordinating the adoption and intake process including (but not limited to) sending and receiving appropriate forms, speaking with adopters, arranging home visits and conducting intake and adoption meetings.
In addition the role includes helping identify opportinities and deliver fundraising activities to generate income for the centre.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Delivering a high level of customer service to all customers on the phones, email and in person
- Ensuring the smooth organisation of the reception department including paperwork filing.
- To facilitate the rehoming and intake process by completing paperwork, arranging appointments and home visits and providing accurate information to relinquishers and adopters during the process
- To actively seek out and create new opportunities for income generation.
- To assist with fundraising activities, events, school tours and visits.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator with a high level of interpersonal skills. You will be able to work cooperatively with a range of colleagues and volunteers and be able to offer an organised and proactive approach to your work.
You will have a good attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be able to use your own initiative and have an empathy for the aims of NAWT.
You will have experience of the following:
- Dealing with members of the public and their enquiries
- General administration tasks
- Delivering excellent communication and customer care
- The ability to be flexible and work as part of a team.
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com Please state in your letter whether you are interested in the role as a live in or live out position.