Job Description: Receptionist and Administrator
Location: Little Clacton, Essex
Salary: Annually £17,374
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Term: Permanent (3 month probationary period)
Reports to: Centre Manager
Purpose of the post:
This diverse position is a pivotal part of the centre, collating important information from all aspects of running a busy rescue centre. Being in a front of house position and representing the Charity it is imperative to give that all important first impression with a very welcoming and empathetic attitude to all visitors and callers. This is a unique opportunity to use your organisation and administration skills in an animal orientated environment. The successful candidate will need to be very efficient, organised, motivated and proactive in their approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for representing the charity, welcoming customers to the Centre and accepting donations whilst being helpful and efficient at all times.
- To ensure that all enquires are answered promptly and politely. Making sure accurate information and details are taken and passed onto the appropriate persons in a timely manner.
- To ensure the reception area is clean, tidy and well presented with all information on the work we do and animals available for rehoming are visible and up to date.
- Be responsible for the handling of monies, petty cash, card payments and the monthly banking, ensuring all records of monies and receipts are recorded accurately.
- To be responsible for liaising with the manager, supervisors, head office and the animal care assistants to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Centre
- To ensure that all homing follow-on phone calls and adoption paperwork, is completed in a thorough manner, including contracts, pet insurance slips, Pet ID forms and all other homing information.
- To be meticulous with paperwork, records, information and data, ensuring all is dealt with professionally, timely, sensitively in accordance with data protection.
- To help with advertising, website, recruiting of staff and volunteers. Also to advertise, promote and help with the administration needed for events and fundraising including writing terms and conditions and risk assessments
- To ensure you have a flexible and professional approach being prepared to help your fellow colleagues out where needed and being supportive of each other. You’d be prepared to join a small, close team of dedicated people that are passionate about what they do. Due to the nature of what we do, often you are dealing with emotive people and sensitive situations so need a compassionate and resilient approach.
- To attend any Team and other internal meetings as requested
- To attend relevant training and personal development opportunities in order to fulfil the requirements of the post
- To adhere to all NAWT policies and procedures and assist the organisation in developing, implementing and monitoring them, including Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies
- To carry out any other duties relevant to the post as directed by the centre manager
Experience / Skills
Experience of dealing with the general public and their enquiries
Experience of general administration tasks
Excellent communication and customer care skills
Demonstrable organisational and IT skills to include Microsoft Words, Outlook and Excel
The ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
Experience of working with animals is desirable, but not essential, although an empathy with the aims of NAWT is essential.
Experience within a retail environment
Full driving licence and access to car
Please send CV and cover note to email@example.com