Position: Fundraising Officer
Location: NAWT Essex, Clacton-on-Sea
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, to include working from home by prior agreement, and some weekends, especially when events are being held. Flexible working hours will be considered for the right candidate experience.
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
At the National Animal Welfare Trust, we never stop caring for our animals and people. As a rescue and rehoming charity, operating five rehoming centres and three shops across the south of England, we are committed to improving the lives of the UK’s pets, helping around 1,500 animals each year. We have ambitious plans for our future development and need an enthusiastic and self-motivated Fundraising Officer to join our small friendly team in our Essex centre and make a difference.
About the role:
As a Fundraising Officer, you’ll play a vital role at NAWT’s Essex Centre. Your role will be to work with the Centre Manager and NAWT’s central fundraising department, taking responsibility for developing, implementing and managing income generation activities, building local individual and corporate relationships to retain existing supporters and attract new ones, developing and growing a supporter database whilst promoting the centre and its work within the local community.
You’ll be joining a charity that is celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2021 and you will play a big part in creating and planning initiatives for the Centre. You will be part of a small friendly team who are all committed to improving the lives of pets in the area.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing, implementing and promoting fundraising activities.
- Building a network of volunteer fundraising supporters.
- Identifying sources of external funding such as grants and writing appropriate applications.
- Building relationships with donors and local businesses.
- Legacy marketing.
- Managing the sponsorship programme.
- Promoting the centre through local media contacts and social media.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator with a high level of interpersonal skills. You will be able to work cooperatively with a range of colleagues and be able to offer a proactive and creative approach to fundraising opportunities and supporter relations.
You will have an organised approach to your work, with good attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be able to use your own initiative and work unsupervised and have an empathy for the aims of NAWT.
You will have experience of the following:
- Relationship building with lots of different groups of people.
- Developing and prioritising your own workload and an ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to be flexible and work as part of a team.
- Managing and maintaining supporter databases
- Delivering presentations and talks.
Although not essential, experience or knowledge of fundraising, the local area and media/public relations would be beneficial for this role.
Ideally the role is full time, but a flexible working pattern would be considered for the candidate with relevant experience.
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice.
If you feel you have the right skills to be a successful Fundraising Officer, please send your CV with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Centre Manager at NAWT Essex.
Please note, we will only consider applications from candidates that have provided a cover letter.
Please note we are accepting applications on a rolling basis and may close the recruitment process for this role prior to the deadline, so early applications are encouraged.