National Animal Welfare Trust
Title: Fundraiser and receptionist
Location: NAWT Clacton
Salary: £18,137.60 per annum
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week (to include every other weekend)
Term: Permanent (3 month probationary period)
Reports to: Centre Manager
Purpose of the post:
This is a versatile and important customer relations role within a small team. To ensure that customers and visitors receive excellent customer service whilst representing the aims and values of the Trust. To engage with people in an enthusiastic and empathetic manner. Proactively working on expanding the Centres supporter network whilst maintaining existing supporter relations. Opening and helping with new fundraising opportunities and initiatives to ensure ongoing streams of income. To assist with the centre’s social media and co-ordinate internal and external events. To ensure phone calls, emails and social media enquiries are facilitated in a timely yet empathetic manner. To ensure the reception administrative tasks are conducted to a high standard. To support the team leader and centre manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To proactively seek out and create opportunities to generate maximum income through events, appeals, talks, visits, legacies, fundraising platforms, partnerships and donations.
- To maintain and develop long term relationships with major donors and businesses and collaborate with external partnerships on fundraising campaigns.
- To develop and keep engaged new and existing supporters through communications including mailings and sponsorship.
- To forward plan a fundraising calendar of both internal and external events across the year.
- To develop and coordinate new and imaginative fundraising opportunities.
- To organise and plan traditional regular activities such as shows and sponsored events. Create promotional material and source advertising opportunities, liaise with external contacts, staff and organise volunteer assistance with events.
- To develop and coordinate web based fundraising including online events and auctions.
- To manage eBay sales and the sale of merchandise and donated stock.
- To follow policies and procedures and ensure licenses and permits are obtained for events including data protection procedures when handling personal and sensitive information.
- To assist with the centres social media presence.
- To research external funding opportunities and write grant applications.
- To support volunteers and manage a volunteer fundraising and events team.
- To raise awareness of the centre and National Animal Welfare Trust in and around the local area. This includes preparing and delivering presentations to local communities and educational settings.
- To be an ambassador of NAWT promoting the visions, aims and objectives of the charity and share your passion for animal welfare.
- Reception Administration
- To openly welcome customers to the centre and ensure a high level of customer service is given at all times.
- To answer the phones, emails and social media enquiries in a timely manner.
- To ensure that information given to customers is accurate and timely, including
passing on information and messages to colleagues in the right departments.
- To liaise with colleagues to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Centre.
- To update records with animals’ and adopters’ details.
- To ensure that the reception is clean, tidy and well presented.
- To keep and handle monies is a responsible and accurate manner keeping records up to date.
- To ensure that reception is Health & Safety compliant with no risk to visitors (in accordance with instruction and guidance from the Centre Manager).
- Assisting with the centre’s online presence by updating websites and social media
- Other Duties
- To have overall responsibility for the centre in the combined absence of the
centre manager and team leader.
- To assist the team leader and centre manager with training and induction process of volunteers and work experience students.
- To attend any team and other internal meetings as requested.
- To attend relevant training and personal development opportunities in order to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- To adhere to all NAWT policies and procedures and assist the organisation in developing, implementing and monitoring them, including Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies.
- To carry out any other duties relevant to the post as directed by the Centre Manager or Board of Trustees.
Experience / Skills
Experience of dealing with the general public and their enquiries
Experience of general administration tasks
Excellent communication and customer care skills
Demonstrable organisational and IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
The ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
Experience with fundraising and event planning
Experience of using social media in a professional capacity
Compassion and empathy with the aims and values of National Animal Welfare Trust
Experience with working with or owning animals
The successful candidate will be personable, proactive, hardworking and reliable, possessing a love of animals and an empathy with people. S/he will be confident, good humoured, enthusiastic and enjoy working in a close knit team. They will be driven and creative with the initiative to act on opportunities as they arise. S/he will need to be able to make decisions and have the ability to ask people for donations. Reception is very busy and the receptionist must be able to remain calm under pressure, maintaining a polite and patient approach to telephone and personal callers at all times. The successful candidate whilst being self-motivated and engaging will be a representative of National Animal Welfare Trust and our values therefore the image presented is also important. A uniform is provided and must be worn during working hours.
TO APPLY FOR THE POST PLEASE SEND YOUR C.V. ALONG WITH A COVERING LETTER EITHER BY EMAIL TO CLACTON@NAWT.ORG.UK OR BY POST FAO: LIZZIE REFFELL, NATIONAL ANIMAL WELFARE TRUST, THE STREET, LITTLE CLACTON, ESSEX, CO16 9LG.