Position: Fundraising and Supporter Relations Officer (Maternity Cover)
Location: Wheal Alfred Kennels, Hayle, Cornwall
Salary: £19,909.50 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, to include working from home by prior agreement, and some weekends, especially when events are being held. Flexible working hours will be considered for the right candidate experience.
Term: Covering a period of maternity leave of up to 12 months
Closing Date: 30th September 2020
About the role:
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will assist them to meet centre income targets by developing, implementing and managing income generation activities, helping to build awareness of the Wheal Alfred Centre in Hayle, Cornwall amongst the community it serves, building relationships to retain our existing supporters and attracting new ones.
It will be the charity’s 50th Birthday in 2021 and you will play a big part in creating and planning initiatives for the Centre. You will be part of a small friendly team who are all committed to improving the lives of pets in the area.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing, implementing and promoting fundraising activities.
- Building a network of volunteer fundraising supporters.
- Identifying sources of external funding such as grants and writing appropriate applications.
- Building relationships with donors and local businesses.
- Legacy marketing.
- Managing the sponsorship programme.
- Promoting the centre through local media contacts and social media.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator with a high level of interpersonal skills. You will be able to work cooperatively with a range of colleagues and be able to offer a proactive and creative approach to fundraising and supporter opportunities.
You will have an organised approach to your work, with good attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be able to use your own initiative and work unsupervised and have an empathy for the aims of NAWT.
You will have experience of the following:
- Experience of running events and giving presentations and talks.
- Relationship building with lots of different groups of people.
- Developing and prioritising your own workload and able to work to deadlines
- The ability to be flexible and work as part of a team.
Although not essential, experience or knowledge of fundraising, the local area and media/public relations would be beneficial for this role.
Ideally the role is full time, but a flexible working pattern would be considered for the candidate with relevant experience.
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
If you feel you have the right skills to be a successful Fundraising and Supporter Relations Officer, please send your CV with cover letter to Louise Clarke-Payne, Centre Manager at email@example.com