Put your passion for animals to work
Our 500 volunteers are our animals’ true friends. We have voluntary opportunities for all sorts of positions from animal handling to gardening and doing the laundry. Even giving us as little as an hour of your time could make all the difference.
Our volunteers help in so many ways:
- dog walking, cat cuddling and rabbit stroking
- cleaning animals
- assisting in our four shops
- helping at fundraising events
- foster care
- doing handywork - anything from minor repairs to lawn mowing and garden maintenance
- driving – collecting donated goods or transporting animals
- washing – our washing machines and dryers are on all day!
- homechecking – once fully trained
- photographing - stills and video for website, social media and promotions
- marketing – promoting the centre through the local media
- fundraising – coordinating fundraising events and coming up with new ideas
- taking part in our agility display team
- being a Trustee – if you have a special skill to offer
- giving talks to schools or other groups in the local community
- team building events for local companies
If you want to know more about what it’s like volunteering at the NAWT then read our case studies.
The time given by our volunteers equated to about £395K in monetary terms in 2015.